WideWorld HomeRoom is designed similar to study hall to provide a safe and socially distant setting for kids ages six to 13 to receive online instruction (from their public or private school teacher) while parents return to work.
Programming is designed by Zach Artinian, who holds a Master’s Degree in Education from the University of Michigan.
Homeroom Staff will oversee the learning environment and ensure students are attentive to their online school lessons. Between classes, students will participate in socially distant (and fun!) daycamp-like activities.
- Separate study tables provided for each student separated by six feet.
- Prior to attending, each family will send their child’s schedule and video conference links to Homeroom Directors.
- Homeroom schedule arranged around each child’s specific school requirements.
- Homeroom is designed to supplement school-based virtual learning. No teachers or lessons will be provided on-site.
- REGISTER for WW HOMEROOM 2021 HERE (Max capacity: 50 students)
- SAVE 40% on the per day fee by registering for Full Day Winter (60 Days) and/or Full Day Spring (40 Days). Payment Schedule provided below.
- FULL DAY HOMEROOM 8:10AM - 3:30PM Ages 6-13 $50/Day or $225/Week Drop-Ins accepted if not at capacity FREE BEFORE & AFTER CARE 7:45AM - 5PM
- FULL DAY DISCOUNT Register 60 Days Jan 4 to Mar 26 40% off the per day fee Register 40 Days Apr 5 to May 28 40% off the per day fee FREE BEFORE & AFTER CARE 7:45AM - 5PM
PROCEDURES & FULL SEMESTER PAYMENT SCHEDULE
HomeRoom 2020-21 will follow strict CDC guidelines for both attendance and activities. Those include:
- Mandatory temperature checks, increased screening, and social distancing.
- Intensified cleaning and disinfecting strategies through professional partner CINTAS
- Activities with a focus on social distancing
- Student to Staff ratio of 9:1 (maximum capacity of 50 students)
View WideWorld’s Covid-19 Policy.
Before and After Care activities include: Arts & Crafts, Coloring Pages, Reading, Creative Writing, Puzzles and Studying.
Please note that Homeroom is offered in an effort to provide care to those during this global pandemic. If participation at WideWorld Sport Center would be considered a risk to your family in any way, we suggest you stay home. To summarize: attendees with illness symptoms themselves or who are living with individuals with COVID-19 symptoms or living with individuals with a diagnosis of COVID-19 within 14 days are prohibited from attending. Attendees must undergo a contactless medical screening (conducted by our staff) each day upon arrival in order to be admitted into the program.
|Full Semester Payment Policy|
|Minimum due at Registration||$500|
|Due Jan 1||$500|
|Due Feb 1||$500|
|Due Mar 1||$500|
|Due Apr 1||$500|
|Due May 1||$500 or balance|
HomeRoom Coordinator — Zach Artinian
Zach Artinian, a native of Ann Arbor, holds an undergraduate degree in Sport Management and a Master’s Degree in Education from the University of Michigan.