Covid-19 Exposure Prevention, Preparedness, and Response Plan
Following state and local recommendations as well as guidance from the CDC, WideWorld Sports Center has developed the below action plan to aid in the prevention of Covid-19 spread.
Directors must be familiar with this plan, and be ready to answer questions from participants and their families. Management is required to set a good example by following this guidance at all times, including practicing good personal hygiene and abiding by social distancing. Directors should encourage this same behavior from all employees.
Prior to entering the training environment, staff will be required to:
- Take and pass an online Covid-19 screener
- Wear a face-covering mask to, from, and in the facility.
Staff will be educated on Covid-19 symptoms to look for in participants, and required to send home anyone experiencing symptoms, including:
- Shortness of Breath
- Sore Throat
- Loss of Taste or Smell
Prior to entering the training environment, unvaccinated participants will be required to:
- Take and pass an online Covid-19 screener.
- Wear a face-covering mask on the way to, from, and on the field while playing.
Families will be given advance notice of all procedural changes. As of now for all unvaccinated individuals they include:
- Following all posted rules regarding pick up, drop off, and entering the facility
- Wearing a face-covering mask on the way to, from, and while inside the building
Social Distancing and Responsibility
Participants must remain socially distant and responsible during all aspects of the game or training session. This includes:
- Remaining socially distant when possible (for example, during lunch and snack breaks)
- Small groups that do not intermix between activities.
- Check in policies that enforce separation between participants.
Cleaning and Disinfecting Policies
All equipment will be thoroughly disinfected after each use. In addition:
- Participants will be required to use hand sanitizer and/or wash hands after every activity.
- Commonly touched surfaces, including door handles and bathrooms, will be disinfected multiple times throughout the day.
Suspected Positive Test Protocols
- Any participant who begins to show symptoms of Covid-19 will be sent home immediately, and their symptoms shared with local health officials.
- WideWorld Sports Center will take guidance from local health officials as to next steps, including communicating with individuals who may have come into contact.
- If it is determined that that player has tested positive for Covid-19, all participants and staff who may have come into contact will be quarantined at home or another safe place for 14 days, or the current recommendation. Communication will go out alerting families of the positive test, as well as next steps as directed by the health department.
- The identity of anyone who tests positive will be kept anonymous.